Sunday, August 2, 2015

One Dress, Three Ways


Lilly Pulitzer Dress: similar (here or here)
Left: Shirt // Coach Sandals (similar) // Watch // J.Crew Factory Bracelet
Center: Sandals // Bracelet // Earrings
Right: J.Crew Blazer (similar) // J.Crew Sandals (no longer available online) // Lilly Pulitzer Pendant Necklace


I love dresses, especially those that are classic and can be worn multiple ways. Some key components a dress should have so that this idea can be achieved is a flattering silhouette, a good fabric and a timeless style. One of my favorite dresses that I am able to wear multiple ways is this Lilly Pulitzer navy, lace dress which I found at the Lilly Pulitzer Warehouse Sale this past summer. It fits like a glove, has adorable cap sleeves and isn't too long on me (a true plus)! I recently wore it for a casual day of shopping so I decided to tie a chambray shirt over it and pair it with simple nude wedges and fun accessories. Additionally, I wore it to an outdoor wedding I attended in July with some classic white sandals and simple silver jewelry. Lastly, I think this dress could easily be adapted for an office/work environment. By pairing it with a statement blazer (this one has adorable details under the collar and on the lining), nude sandals and a dainty necklace, it makes the transition from casual to professional extremely well. I hope some of you try to repurpose your dresses as well!

Best,
Jillian

No comments :

Post a Comment